14 November 2010

Week 27 - The 3rd Trimester is Here!

The weeks have been flying by in a strange way. My perception of time is very different right now. I feel like I have been pregnant forever. It has been more than 6 months, half a year. I can really feel that even though there are ~13wks left, that there is not a lot of time at all. I don't really want to rush these last few weeks away, but I know they will only become more and more uncomfortable and tiring. So I don't really want them to slow down either. This week we begin our "new parenting / Lamaze or Baby 101" classes.

I will try and update the photo section soon. We did take pictures of me at weeks 21 and 23. Then, the battery in our camera died and I had to order a new one online. So there are no pictures from the last 4wks and I have changed a lot. Hopefully I'll be able to take some new ones at the end of this week and you will see the difference.

The weekend starting wk 23 we went to Sullivan, IL to stay at Connie and Randy's house and go to our last Illini football game together this year. I sort of pushed it the following weekend, and before I declared "I must slow down!" on my busy schedule I came down with a really bad cold week 25 and missed a few days of work. It took me the next week (26) to fully recover. One of the hardest things about being pregnant is learning how to slow down and accept that I cannot keep up the pace I once held. I do okay for the most part, but once I commit to plans I feel bad canceling. But I am learning. I have started listening to my body, and it tells me, "it is the weekend, don't even leave the house, rest, relax, do nothing, don't feel bad about it." Okay, well that doesn't sound bad, I think that is what I will do between now and February.

We have Anya's room all cleaned out now. Only a few of her clothes hanging in the closet, the swing is set up, and a few decorations sitting around. We are waiting on the furniture to arrive (mid December). I am now starting to look at curtains for the room. I want something off-white to creamy and plain. We also rearranged our bedroom, again, and moved the pack n' play in there. It is nice to see it set up, ready and waiting.

Thank you again mom and dad for the swing and pack n' play. We really appreciate them and they were two items we really wanted to have for Anya and for our convenience.

In just a few weeks our friends will be arriving in town for the baby shower! I am so excited. It sounds like Ashley, Joy and April have been planning a great event. I am so thankful to have awesome girlfriends! And very happy to have such close friends travel in to help celebrate. The same week the girls at work are putting together an frozen custard social (baby shower) and inviting my group of colleagues and Andrew's group. Who doesn't like frozen custard with amazing toppings! Thanks to you girls as well, it means a lot!

I think that today I started to feel Anya hiccup. I like feeling her move around. It is comforting and makes me feel like she is doing well in her home. My website update informed me that she is now ~14+ inches long when her legs are stretched out straight, her brain is still developing, but she can hear very well now, and open and close her eye lids, suck on her fingers, and her lungs will be complete in a few more weeks (but not yet). She weighs around 2 lbs. From here on out, her organs will mature and she will put on baby fat that will help her body adjust to the outside world and help protect her. At wk 24 I met the 2nd of the 3 doctors at our OBGYN practice and I really liked her too. At wk 28 I will met the 3rd doctor. I think I am going to see if we can have one more ultra sound scheduled between now and wk 40, because I am dying to see Anya and what she looks like. I can see how I am changing but, want to see how much she has changed since our last one.
Okay it is late, and I need to get some sleep. Between parenting classes one night and prenatal yoga on another night, this will be a challenging week of work and activities. By the way, prenatal yoga is amazing. I love going, seeing the other pregnant women changing, hearing their stories, their progress, baby names, etc. It is fun, but I leave feeling so much better physically and mentally. It is really impossible to put into words. So on that note, good night and Namaste.

No comments: