The third trimester is well underway....I am 31wks along.
Two weekends ago the girls (Ashley, Joy and April) threw baby Anya and I an amazing shower. The food was great, cake was adorable (loved it!), and I will remember that day always. The turn out was excellent and so many friends and close family were able to come in from out of town. Again thank you all! The whole weekend was very special. All the gifts have been put away in Anya's room. And I have updated the baby registries at Target and Babies R Us to reflect what we have left that we still need. In a few weeks we will go and finish off the shopping. I am not one to procrastinate with this sort of thing. I know she could arrive week 41 but she could also arrive week 36. Let's hope she arrives when she is ready and without being induced. That is my main wish at this point. Right now Anya is ~16+ inches long and ~3.3 lbs. She will mostly continue to develop fat tissue, softer skin, and continue to grow into a healthy baby girl.
I have posted a couple more recent pictures of Anya and I (picture tab above) from weeks 30 and 31. And I will post pictures from the baby shower as soon as I receive them. I actually didn't take any pictures that whole weekend, but several friends and family did, so I'll wait for copies.
Today I am at home because we got hit with a small ice storm last night. Several schools are closed today. The main roads are fine but, our neighborhood has that stupid slick concrete that required Andrew's 4-wheel drive to maneuver this morning. So, I decided to take a "safety precaution day" and stayed inside. I really don't want to fall on ice at this point. Work will be there tomorrow. Andrew and I have half of next week off and the whole following week off from work. I am ready for a much needed break. Sitting at my desk, sitting in meetings, walking around on concrete floors, blah.....it is starting to get old quick and I have several more weeks of "uncomfortable" to endure. Randy, Connie, Abbey and possibly Aunt Dottie will be coming in next week for the holidays. It will be so nice to see Abbey again, I have missed seeing her since last year.
Once 2011 gets here and we both return to work the real baby count down will begin. My last day of work is January 27th. That is when I will start maternity leave. They let women out 3 wks before their due date. (Feb 17th). I only foresee going out earlier due to bad weather, or something we can't predict yet pregnancy related. I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Really there isn't much time left and I feel it. Change is just around the corner. Our lives will never be the same after 8 yrs alone together with our pets. Anya will be front and center. Let the new memories begin......
No comments:
Post a Comment